- This event has passed.
2019 Treasurer Training and President’s Meeting
July 18 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EDTFree
MEA will offer Treasurer Trainings for Treasurers and Presidents, as well as Presidents’ Meetings this summer in five locations around the state.
Meeting Locations and Dates:
- Portland – Monday, July 15th – USM Abromson Center, Room 214-215, 88 Bedford Street
- Auburn – Tuesday, July 16th – Central Maine Community College, The Tower Rm #405, 1250 Turner Street
- Augusta – Thursday, July 18th – Bangor Savings Bank, 5 Senator Way
- Bangor – Monday, August 5th – Dysart’s Restaurant, 1110 Broadway
- Presque Isle – Tuesday, August 6th – University of Maine Presque Isle *Please note, registration information for this meeting will be coming from Lou Willey, UniServ Director District 15.
Treasurer Training agenda items will include, but are not limited to:
- Fiduciary duties of all Officers & important calendar dates and reminders
- Changes to the MEA Constitution & Bylaws – addition of quarter time dues category
- When the MEA gives you money and what is a “War Chest” – MEA 1.3 Financial Assistance
- eBilling Invoice Portal – What is it, how does it work & how to understand what you are being invoiced for
- The importance of membership accuracy and the verification process
- IRS rules and regulations – 990N ePostcard Filing and 1099/1096 Form
President’s Meeting – a chance to check-in with area local presidents and to share ideas and best practices for an effective local association!