- This event has passed.
2021 Annual Treasurer & President Training Sessions
July 13 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT
Presenters will be Grace Leavitt, MEA President; Beth French, MEA Treasurer; & Tammy Simpson, MEA Business Manager.
The 2021 Treasurer & President Training will be offered in-person on Tuesday, July 13th at the Augusta Civic Center and virtually on Wednesday, July 14th & Thursday, July 15th.
The Treasurer Training will begin at 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 11:00 a.m. & the President Training will begin at 11:00 and conclude at 12:30 p.m. We encourage Presidents and Treasurers to attend the Treasurer Training together.
Treasurer Training agenda items will include, but are not limited to:
- Fiduciary duties of all Officers & important calendar dates and reminders;
- Membership recruitment and organizing in a “Virtual” world;
- Early Enrollment Program;
- The importance of membership accuracy and the verification process;
- When the MEA gives you money and what is a “War Chest” – MEA 1.3 Financial Assistance;
- eBilling Invoice Portal – What is it, how does it work & how to understand what you are being invoiced for;
- IRS rules and regulations – 990N ePostcard Filing and 1099/1096 Form;
- Best tips to avoid Fraud.