We, The Members
Of the Maine Education Association, are the voice of education professionals in Maine. Our work is fundamental to the state, and we accept the profound trust placed in us.
Great public schools for every Maine student.
To advocate for education professionals and to unite our members and the people of Maine to fulfill the promise of public education to prepare every student to succeed.
Goals And Objectives
- QUALITY OF LEARNING – Every Maine student will have a great public school.
- PROFESSIONAL AUTONOMY – Maine Education Association members will lead in establishing and upholding the standards for their professions.
- GOVERNMENT RELATIONS AND FUNDING – Maine Education Association will be the most influential political action group in Maine.
- ECONOMIC – Maine educators’ salary/wages and economic benefits will be competitive with other New England states.
- WORKING CONDITIONS – Maine Education Association members will work in environments that offer optimum working conditions.
- MEA AS AN ORGANIZATION – Maine Education Association members will maximize capacity for collective action in all educational arenas.
- PROGRAM SUPPORT SERVICES – Operate the Maine Education Association in an efficient and democratic manner for the benefit of the membership.