In response to educators’ immediate and emerging needs, the NEA Foundation is offering three new grant opportunities to address the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on teaching and learning.
The grant opportunities include:
1. COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants (to be awarded during the Spring and Summer, 2020)
- The NEA Foundation’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Grants will support educator-led initiatives to adapt to the unique circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic. In particular, these $1,500 to $5,000 six-month grant opportunities will help educators to address contributors to educational inequity and educational opportunity gaps. Applicants requesting this funding should be prepared to begin their projects during the Summer 2020.
2. COVID-19 Response – Learning & Leadership Grants (to be awarded in September 2020)
- NEAF COVID-19 Response – Learning & Leadership Grants will support educators’ professional development focused on adapting to the unique challenges of the 2020-2021 school year. Applications submitted for one-year grants of either $2,000 or $5,000 should particularly address how the applicant(s) would use grant funds to prepare themselves, their colleagues, their students, or school community to respond to the increased educational equity and opportunity challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. COVID-19 Response – Student Success Grants (to be awarded in September 2020)
- COVID-19 Response – Student Success Grants will support educator-led initiatives that increase educational equity and opportunity, responding to student needs that emerged or intensified during the COVID-19 pandemic. Grants in amounts of either $2,000 or $5,000 will be awarded for a one-year period, beginning in September-October 2020. Applicants requesting this funding should be prepared to implement their projects during the 2020-2021 school year.
A full description of these grant opportunities, including related criteria, guidelines, and timelines, can be found at www.neafoundation.org/.