October 26: 2019 MEA Learning and Leading Conference – North
November 2: 2019 MEA Learning and Leading Conference – South
MEA is reaching out to members with two Learning and Leading Conferences, one in the Bangor area on October 26 at Hampden Academy in Hampden, and the second on November 2 at Southern Maine Community College in South Portland.
The MEA Learning and Leading Conferences are opportunities for you to learn from your peers while discovering new teaching strategies, learning about innovative and effective practices, and rekindling your passion for your profession.
At MEA Learning and Leading, multiple tracks will address the specific needs of our members, regardless of your job title or position. ALL members are welcome. Think of these two conferences as fantastic all-you-can-eat-buffets – choice is where it’s at this fall and we hope you will choose to join us at one or both of our MEA Learning and Leading Conferences.
Here are some examples of what we hope to offer:
PreK-12 Teacher Issues
- School Climate and Culture
- Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Restorative Justice/Practices
- Content Specific Strategies
- Boundaries training
- Mental Health – Understanding and Recognizing Warning Signs
- Restraint and Seclusion
- Understanding and Implementing IEP Requirements
Issues in Higher Education
- Instructional strategies for college-age students
- College Affordability
- Resisting Faculty Harassment
- Civility on Campus