MEA is proud to partner with the following academic affiliates that offer professional development in targeted areas.
To be considered as a non-governance academic affiliate, the organization leader should complete the Academic Affiliation form and send it to MEA along with a letter of interest signed by the governance board’s officer and a copy of the organization’s governance documents.
MEA Bylaws, Article VII, Section 3. Academic Non-Governance Affiliates
- An academic non-governance affiliate is an organization a common instructional purpose, which has a reciprocal, complementary and supportive relationship to the Maine Education Association.
- The academic non-governance affiliate must meet the following minimum standards:
- the affiliate shall have common interests in advancing public education with the Maine Education Association; and
- the affiliate shall be a self-governing organization with expressed values compatible with those of the Maine Education Association.
- Affiliation proposals shall include:
- Copies of potential affiliate’s governance documents
- Letter of interest signed by the organization’s governance board.
- Relationship goals and areas of collaboration in support of shared values, public education, and MEA goals.
- Affiliate Relationships will be approved by the MEA Board of Directors and reviewed on a regular basis not to exceed three (3) years.
- It is understood that Affiliate Relationships are voluntary and collaborative; and
- Affiliation does not commit MEA resources or action.