MEA Awards, Grants & Contests
To recognize, reward, and promote excellence in teaching and advocacy for the profession.
MEA believes that all students deserve a quality education and that teaching is the single most important component of quality education. It is appropriate, therefore, that MEA recognize one of its members for teaching excellence. In selecting and celebrating a state winner of this award each year, we honor teaching excellence, public education, and our dedicated members.
- being a strong advocate for members;
- being a leader in effective bargaining practices; and
- organizing wall to wall units.
- be a full-time educator practicing in Maine.
- be enrolled in a humanities program leading to a graduate degree in the arts, sciences, or education.
- be a member of the local Education Association, a member of MEA, and a member of NEA.
- WHO: Grades K-4, 5-8, 9-12 – There will be 3 finalists from each category, plus electronic art. One overall winner will be chosen from the finalists and have their work on the cover. HOW: Submit artwork to Giovanna Bechard via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
- Giovanna Bechard
- 35 Community Drive
- Augusta, ME 04330